Friday, January 6, 2012

Something That Makes Me Smile! :)


Even though my sewing/craft room is a MAJOR work in progress and is full of PhD's (Projects Half Done) :), it still makes me smile.  Just before Christmas I went to Home Depot and grabbed this new shelf unit to get eveything out of floor piles and up where I could actually see it and use it.  (You can't see the top shelf, but it's got enough room to house my sewing machine case, a full bag of fiberfill, and a stack of vintage tins full of sewing notions!  I'm eventually going to get some storage bins and label everything nicely. (Like I said, work in progress, right?) 

The other side of the room is a whole other story. UGH! Maybe I will be brave and show it one of these days.  That side most definitely does not make me smile. It makes me gag. haha :)

At least I had enough space and time to be able to create these lovelies over my Christmas break for Mom and Adam's Mom.

First up, this cute pin cushion caddy for my Mom! :)

I used a pattern from Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing!  Let me just say, I need some practice blind stitching. ;)


This next project is still not finished. HAHA :)  It's going to become a coupon organizer, and it's made using laminated cotton fabric.  After sewing this, I decided I HATED laminated cotton. HA But thanks to Mom, I've learned some tips and tricks and might try using it again.  We'll see.  I will need nerves of steel people, and lots of coffee. :)  The pattern for this came from the New Fabric-by-Fabric One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Projects Using Cottons, Knits, Voiles, Corduroy, Fleece, Flannel, Home Dec, Oilcloth, Wool, and Beyond book.  This book is FULL of fun projects, but not everything is for a beginner sewer, and I had to youtube a lot of things!


These were pretty easy to make, just a little time consuming.  They were also made using the New Fabric-by-Fabric One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Projects Using Cottons, Knits, Voiles, Corduroy, Fleece, Flannel, Home Dec, Oilcloth, Wool, and Beyond book.  :) It's a sunglasses/cellphone holder, passport cover, and luggage tag.  The sunglasses case turned out a little small both times (I made 2), but they ended up being the perfect size for a smaller cell phone or iPhone.


Last I put together this wristlet/makeup bag clutch.  It also came from the same book as the set above. :)  The zipper was a little wonky, but not too bad since it's only the 2nd zipper I've ever sewn in!


I can't wait to get back into my sewing room and start working on some new projects and finishing up all my to do list!! :)

Oh, one more thing!! Adam surprised me tonight and came home early WITH Starbucks for me!! :) Yet another reason to smile today! WOO! :)



post signature

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...