Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 7 - Favourite


I have A LOT of favorite things, but for today I thought I'd keep it simple and share an etsy find from yesterday morning.  I was searching for "owl pins," because I'd like to find a vintage pin that I can use to make a necklace or bracelet out of.  While searching, I can across this CUTE Owl Pincushion.  It just so happens to have the same owls on it as these cute sale and pepper shakers I've been hunting for. 


They owls on the pin cushion are faded, but I just couldn't pass it up.  Plus, I'd much rather have this cute pin cushion to sit in my sewing room rather than have the shakers that I'd be terrified of breaking. :)


On another note, I stopped by Franklin's Antiques and Flea Market last night on my way home from work.  I just LOVE this wall! :) And isn't that Bisquik Tulip tin ADORABLE! I just wish it wasn't so rusty! BOO!

Another section had hardback books for $1 and paperbacks for just 50 cents.  Well I saw a few that I might want, but decided since they were closing in 5 minutes that I'd just come back today and grab them.  You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now, because most of them were GONE today! UGH!  I can only blame myself. sigh I wanted Eldest the most, but didn't get it! :(

But all was not lost, because I did manage to score this pile of vintage books for just $4. WOO! :)  Hey are SO CUTE!


I also scored 2 vintage pyrex milk glass mixing bowls for just $7.99.  That made me feel a little better. :)

We also stopped by an estate sale this morning and I snagged this little gem for only $2.  It seems to go quite well with my set of green bowls and Corelle dishes with the Spring Blossom Pattern! :)


We finished the day up with a trip to Philly's! YUM!! :)

Hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend so far!


post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...